Monday, July 5, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Well, I'm back again after being MIA for a while. Things have been busy, and blogging is not always a #1 priority. Hubby had some time off, we were out and about for a few days. I have a few free minutes, so we will see how far I get today!
Last week we ate. . .I'm just having a hard time remembering what we ate! Spaghetti Casserole, Pizza, Grilled Cheese, Hamburgers. . .
From the previous week. . .don't try that Cheesy Ham and Pasta Bake. It wasn't very good. It looked good on pictures, but there was a unanimous consensus not to try that one again. Lots of left-overs that eventually were never found in the fridge. Oh well.
This week. . .
Monday- Pizza (Hawaiian)
Tuesday- Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs(CP), noodles, cut-up veggies
Wednesday- Tortilla Pizzas or Taco Salad
Thursday (CP)- Slow Cooker Indian Spiced Chicken, rice, glazed carrots
Friday- left-overs
Saturday- Salmon, Potatoes (of some sort-see below for a Potato Salad), buns, salad
Sunday (BFS)- French Toast, Ham
So. . .here is a recipe for you. Last week I had a friend over and we had hamburgers (kid-of-all-ages-friendly meal!), but I also made Potato Salad. I honestly hate making potato salads of any sort. But I gave it a try, and my hubby loved it--and he dislikes most potato salads. It came {mostly} from the Sioux Center Christian School Cookbook (1996), page 270.
Mom's Potato Salad
2 c.miracle whip
1T mustard
4 eggs boiled and mashed
3/4 c. sugar
diced onion, celery, radishes as desired
5 lbs potatoes, boiled, cut up
Mix dressing together and put on potatoes while they are still warm. Chill several hours before serving.
Easy-peasy.
*So here are the changes I made: First of all, I halved the recipe--you never want too much of a good thing, just in case it doesn't turn out very good! I also added a few tablespoons of sour cream to the "dressing", along with a dash or two of Cajun seasoning. The veggies I added were green onions, carrots and red pepper. And I baked the potatoes. I diced them, put them on an oiled cookie sheet, and baked them in the oven for about 1/2 hour at 375. Kinda hash brown-y. But me and my hubby like it. . .the odd thing I thought about when I was eating it, was that there were no pickles or relish. Hmmm. . .
There you have it. . .quick and easy. . .now baby is fussing, so I'm over and out. For more MPM, visit http://www.orgjunkie.com/!

No comments: