Sunday, July 11, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Welcome, again! I'm finally posting this on time. . .and have a bunch of photos to show. I actually had some time to do a thing or two around the house this past week, so I'm showing it off! :) But first the Menu Plan for this week:
Monday-Personal Pizzas or Calzones (if the weather is cooler and I have time!)
Tuesday-Sub Sandwiches, cut up veggies and dip
Wednesday- Beef and Vegetable Stir fry, rice, biscuits
Thursday (CP)- Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs (still from last week's plan!), noodles, salad
Friday-Hamburgers
Saturday's Snack-Homemade Iced Latte (see below)
Sunday-pancakes and bacon
From last week, I finally had the chance to try the Indian Spiced Chicken. (We ate it with jasmine rice and a fruit/corn salsa).
I totally recommend it! It was amazing. . .and easy! Okay, it was a little more work than a throw-in-a -pot-and-let-coo- all-day kind of crock pot recipe, but the {little} extra work is completely worth it! The whole family loved it! (I have to admit, I used chicken breasts instead of thighs and used sour cream instead of yogurt. . .cooked it for the minimum time recommended). And then we ate it again for left-overs. I shredded the remaining chicken, tossed it back into the "sauce" and we had it on wraps. Totally works (not quite so authentic on wraps, but hey, whaddayado?).

Here is my snack idea. . .
With the crazy hot weather we have been having and my NEED for coffee in the a.m., this is what one of the days got me doing. I got the idea from a HomeMadeSimple e-mail I got. I was originally looking for a chai or "dirty chai" drink (Thank you for introducing me, Helen!), but stumbled upon this and figured it was just too easy to try.
Super easy: make coffee, chill it, add flavour (syrup and milk or flavoured creamer), top with whipped cream or whipped milk. drink it. . .yum-yum.
And, hubby has been taking the kiddos berry picking (end of the season=super cheap strawberries!), so I made some strawberry-rhubarb jam.
hubby hates rhubarb. can't even get him to try the jam. but he will sit down and eat 2 lbs of strawberries in one sitting, so I made jam for me and the kids. . .hopefully that will make the strawberries last a little longer!
Used this recipe. Was thinking about this one, but went for the first one. Not sure why the recipe wants you to flip the jars over. I tried it with some, just to compare if anything different happened. . .nothin' happened.
For more MPMs, hop on over to http://www.orgjunkie.com/.

No comments: