Monday, September 13, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Another edition of MPM. . .

My weeks have been a bit busy, trying to cram in those last summer activities, doing some "harvesting" and "preserving", and just not being on the computer. We've been able to eat potatoes, beans, salad, herbs and some tomatoes from the garden already. I was busy making applesauce as well. I love it, but it also keeps life busy when there are also three kiddos who need attention.

So, last week's menu included some of these: salmon strudels/calzones, sausages, corn on the cob and scalloped potatoes, stir fry with noodles, pulled pork, out once, and of course left-overs.
My dad brought over this deal for the kiddos to try. It's a dragon fruit (I think). Tastes a little bit like a bland kiwi, or a kiwi mixed with a melon, but way more seeds. It was too weird for my kiddos, although I think they probably did like it! It looks like an interior decorator's fetish, but, like I said, too weird for preschoolers.
So, this week on the menu. . .


Monday-Indian-Spiced Chicken Stir-fry, corn fritters

Tuesday- Sub sandwiches or fancy grilled cheese

Wednesday-Pizza (It id my E's first day of Kindergarten, so gotta do something he loves! My choices (his top favourites) are limited to pizza, hamburgers and mac 'n cheese. So, selfish me, I like pizza best out of those, and I probably have time to make a home-made good one for him. And since it is only a half day, he can help me! Too much explaining, I know!).

Thursday-a roast?!?! I've never made one of these before! I know, I'm pretty pathetic that way. So either that. . .or left-overs!

Friday-hamburgers?
Saturday's Snack- One-bowl Chocolate Chunk Cookies (see below)

Sunday-pancakes and bacon


Saturday's snack. . .Baker's Chocolate One Bowl Chocolate Cookies. (phew! I found a link. . .saves my poor pitiful typing fingers!)
Delish! These taste like the Baker's Chocolate One Bowl Brownies, but they are cookies! I halved the recipe, just to be sure they were good and worked out. I had a note on my chocolate box saying that if you omit the nuts, as we had, to increase the flour to 3/4 cup, otherwise they may spread out like pancakes, which is "ew" in a cookie like this. I was a happy person . . while they lasted!

For more MPM, visit http://www.orgjunkie.com/!

No comments: