Monday, April 5, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I know I missed last week. We had such a busy week with wedding/family plans that we just pretty much ate whatever was there. I honestly can't remember what we even had for supper at all!

But this week, everything returns to normal again!

Monday-Peanut Chicken Stir-fry, noodles, salad
Tuesday-Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes, Mini Meatloaves, corn
Wednesday-Pork Tenderloin (on the grill) with Mango Salsa (recipe from Helen), rice, veggies and dip
Thursday(CP)-Bacon and Cheese Chicken, Oven Baked Jo-Jo's
Friday- left-overs
Saturday-Hamburgers
Saturday's Snack- Crunchy Fruit Salad
Sunday (Breakfast for Supper)- French Toast Casserole, bacon and fruit salad

Well, in looking for the recipe for Saturday's snack, I couldn't find it. So, hopefully I will post that later on this week.
(April. 7 Update: Posted the recipe. . .click on the links above!)

Instead, here is what we had tonight:

Peanut Chicken Stir-fry
(I believe the recipe came from Cooks.com, but I can't find it. I got it from my sister. I may have been eating at her house once and cleaned up on this--I really liked it!)
2 T. crunchy peanut butter
1T. each: soya sauce & lemon juice
1-1/2 t. brown sugar
1/4 t. hot pepper flakes (or to taste)
3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
2 cloves garlic
1T. vegetable oil
2 c. frozen Asian vegetables

1. In a small bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients. Whisk in 1 T water until smooth; set aside.
2. In large skillet, stir-fry chicken and garlic in oil over high heat, until almost cooked, about 5 minutes. Add vegetables and stir-fry until vegetables are heated through. Stir in sauce mixture and stir-fry until chicken and vegetables are coated.
3. Serve with Lipton Sidekicks Thai Ginger Noodles.
*When I make this, I just use assorted vegetables that are on hand or in the freezer. Also, I usually just serve it with Ramen Noodles (not in the soup form). My son likes the "curly noodles!" We add a salad, and it is an easy meal!

Here is a photo just before I mixed the sauce in. Colourful and yummy.


For more menu plan ideas, go to http://www.orgjunkie.com/!

No comments: