Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Late as always! But I tried out the carrot ginger soup recipe and now I can give you my opinion of it!
So here is my opinion. . .I'm not a huge soup fan at the best of times, and if I am eating soup, i prefer the creamy kinds. For this recipe, cut out the cumin. I followed the recipe, except that. . .
*instead of parsnips I added potatoes
*gauge how much salt is going in based on your broth
*I added a little bit of cinnamon and sugar to sweeten it a bit
*sour cream is a good topper!
Otherwise, my hubby and family gobbled it up! So feel free to give it a try with recommendations from our home to yours!
Monday- Chicken Milani and garlic bread (I've posted this one before, so see previous posts for a link!)
Tuesday-Carrot Ginger Soup, croissants (w/ turkey and Swiss cheese)
Wednesday-Sausage and Perogies, cut up veggies
Thursday (CP)-Cranberry Chicken or Cranberry Roast, rice pilaf, corn and peas
Friday (OAMC)-Chicken Enchiladas (already made in the freezer!), salad
Saturday's snack-Cappuccino Chip Muffins (see below)
Sunday (BFS)-Pancakes and bacon
Cappuccino Chip Muffins
This recipe came from my sister's roommate (I believe)back in the day (thanks Laura!) Pam was great at making treats for when I came to visit or when she came to visit me, and this is one that I loved--but you HAVE to eat them fresh. They grow somewhat dry if they sit around, so i wouldn't recommend making a big batch. My sister would always make them "Costco-like." You know, with the tops popping over and bigger than the bottoms? For some reason, that makes a muffin just that much better to me! :) I believe this came from a recipe book of her roomie that had 10 or less ingredients per recipe. Or maybe it was 5 or less steps in a recipe. I don't know anymore. Have no clue what the book is. I just like the muffins.
2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1T. baking powder
1T. instant coffee
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 c. milk
1 egg
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 12 c. muffin pan. In a bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients. In another bowl, beat milk, egg and oil. Add to flour mixture until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips. Place in muffin pan--fill to the top. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Serves: 8-12 muffins
Many more MPM at http://www.orgjunkie.com/

No comments: