Monday, June 15, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Oh well. . .a little on the late side again today. The benefit of that is that I tried the Chicken Bacon Pizza (Monday) and it is de-lish! Mine even looked like the yummy picture from the link! (And with my garden starting to grow like crazy, I used all the herbs from there!)
So. . here is what my week looks like:

Monday-Chicken Bacon Pizza (from last week), corn salsa

Tuesday-Honey BBQ Salmon, rice, mixed veggies

Wednesday-Sirloin Veggie Stir Fry (A Rachael Ray Recipe!)

Thursday (CP)- Hot Chicken Sandwiches (see below), cut up veggies

Friday--Last Day of School!--left-overs or out

Snack for Saturday-Pizza Muffins

Sunday--Father's Day--BBQ

2 recipes for you today:

Pizza Muffins
I know I linked one, which looks good (never tried it yet!), but here is one I love:
2 c. Jiffy Baking Mix
3/4 c. milk
12 cup muffin pan

Filling:
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 small green pepper (I use coloured ones)
1 package sliced pepperoni, cut up
1 package shredded mozzarella
*Preheat oven to 400F. Spray muffin pan and set aside. Blend baking mix and milk to make a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured surface. Knead about 20 times. Roll into rectangle about 1/8" thick. Cut out circles with 4" cookie cutter. Press circles into prepared muffin pan. Combine sauce and filling ingredients (not cheese). Spoon in each dough-lined muffin cup. Sprinkle on cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until brown. Makes 12 treats.

Hot Chicken Sandwiches
*This recipe came from my friend Mandy, back in our visiting days (can't wait 'til this summer!). It's easy and quick!
8 c. cooked chicken or turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 c. chopped celery
2 c. mayo
1 c. cubed American cheese
Buns
1. Combine all ingredients (except for buns) in crock pot.
2. Cover. Cook on high for 2 hours.
3. Serve on buns.
*You can easily half the recipe. Cooking times may be less.

Enjoy. . .I'm posted at http://www.orjunkie.com/ again!

No comments: