Monday, March 30, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

A little late this time around, but better late than never . (And I knew what I was eating tonight, so it worked for me!) Can you tell I am no longer on Spring Break? Yah, we will see how this blogging thing goes now that my time has become less. . .

Monday- Honey Garlic Chicken Skewers, herbed noodles, Grilled Veggies
Tuesday- Chili and Buns
Wednesday- Panini Sandwiches
Thursday- Chicken and Gingered Peaches, rice pilaf, salad
Friday-Left-overs (or Frozen Pizza)
Snack for Saturday- Easy Bruschetta (see below for recipe)
Sunday- Breakfast for Supper (Sausage Breakfast Scramble from the Cooking on Purpose Cookbook from Wheaton Christian Reformed Church-2008. Thanks, Ann! who gave me the cookbook and submitted the recipe!)

So. . .here is my Snack for Saturday. It's so, so, so easy and so, so, so good. They might have disappeared very quickly every time I have made them so far. I think once upon a time it came from the label of a Miracle Whip Dressing jar. . .but who knows?!?!

Easy Bruschetta
1 loaf Vienna style bread
1/2 c. mayo/Miracle Whip
1 c. grated mozza cheese
1/2 c. chopped & pitted black olives (which I often omit)
1 tomato, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t. oregano
1/2 t. pepper
(I often add a little minced onion as well--sshhh--don't tell my hubby!)

Cut bread in slices. Mix all other ingredients together ans spread--I mean, heap--on bread slices. Bake for 15 minutes at 375F oven or until cheese is melted. (You can also prepare this and save it up to a day. I recommend not adding the mayo part to the mix in that case to prevent it from turning to mayo-water. It's kinda ew! then.)

Have a great week!
(I posted my MPM to www.orgjunkie.com this week.)

No comments: