Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Birthday Cupcakes

This is my first time posting over at Tempt My Tummy at Blessed with Grace. . .I've seen a few others do it, so I thought I would give it a try. My little recipe is not my own, I found it at a website, and linked to it, of course! But the "creative" bit was kinda fun, so I thought I would share it with you!

Last weekend was E's birthday. I usually make cakes for my family. My mom did that for us as we were growing up, and now I do it now for all of us.

Well, instead of a full cake, I made cupcakes. I found a wonderful recipe for Vanilla Cupcakes and Chocolate Cupcakes. These recipes were easy (just as easy as a boxed cake) and they turned out beautiful. . .almost like coffee shop ones.

Below are the vanilla ones. Look how {perfect} they look!
A close up. . .do the bubbles mean I may have over-mixed the batter? Oh well, it didn't matter because they tasted GREAT! Light and vanilla-y!

Then, here is a photo of what I did with them. Of course E had wanted a "Cars" themed cake. Then we took a trip to our trusted Wal-Mart, and these little jumping frogs were in the Party favours area. E changed his mind! And they would be a little extra something for the cousins to play with after the cake.

I piled all the cupcakes into a 9x13 lined with blue tissue paper, frosted each of them with vanilla icing, sprinkled them with sparkly blue sprinkles (courtesy of Michael's) to look like the water, and placed the cute little froggies on top. Not bad, I think. And kinda easy.

Here are a few things E needed for his party. (He set up the picture. . .I may have helped him move some things afterwards to make it all fit in the picture) Again the bubble sticks were from Wal-Mart to give to the cousins . . .and the price is right (if you can read the little price tag showing)!


Thank you E for your help in writing this post! Oh the things you get to do with your kids as a SAHM!

And p.s. Happy birthday!

1 comment:

Tara V said...

SUPER Cute Susan! Looks like it was a pretty fun birthday treat!