Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Menu Plan Monday. . .on Tuesday

Well--Tuesday today. . .but yesterday was Thanksgiving, so we were all eating a great dinner anyway!

Monday- Thanksgiving dinner!

Tuesday-Chicken Bacon Pizza--this one is a favourite!!!

Wednesday- leftovers

Thursday (CP)-Creamy Chicken or Turkey buns

Friday (OAMC)- this one is a CP one too. Chicken curry, rice

Saturday's Snack- Cinnamon Buns

Sunday- Crepes Suzette's (not necessarily with the traditional french topping on it. . .but this website also gives a few yummy fruit-y toppings.)

Mmm. . .cinnamon buns! What a treat! I made these over a week ago, but never posted. Without much extra time, making cinnamon buns from scratch is a HUGE treat over here! (Just for those of you who were jealous over my fb update about these buns. . .they are a HUGE treat over here!!!! Here is the recipe so you can make them yourselves!!! p.s. But I did invite you over for brownies. . .)

This recipe came from my mom. . .I think she got it from a Calgary newspaper once upon a time.

Buns: 1 envelope Quick-rise yeast, 3-1/4 c. flour, 1/4 c. sugar, 1/2 t. salt, 3/4 c. milk, 1/4c. water, 1/4 c. butter, 1 egg,

Topping: 1 c. brown sugar, 1T cinnamon, 75ml. margarine or butter, 1/2 c. raisins (opt)

Set aside 1 c. flour. Mix remaining flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Heat milk, water and butter. Stir into dry ingredients. Mix in egg. Mix in enough flour to make a dough. Knead for 5 minutes. Cover and let dough rise for 10 minutes. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and margarine. Roll dough in 12x9" rectangle. Spread with mixture. Roll up from long side.

Cut into 12 pieces. Put in muffin cups or pan. Cover dough, let rise for 20 minutes. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Remove to cool.

*My changes. . .I have to make sure that when i am mixing that last bit of flour in that I keep it a "sticky" dough. Otherwise they get kinds dry. The last rising bit I often put in a warmed oven. they bloat like crazy then! Yummy!

The finished product. . . This picture is for last week's post. mmm. . .brownies. . .mmm. . .

check out more menu plan ideas at http://www.orgjunkie.com/!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I ever come across a diabetic approved cinnamon bun recipe I'll definitely make them. It's one of my hubby's favorite things to eat.
You have a great week of meals planned.
My family is living on a very tight budget so I'm always interested in economical, healthy recipes and grocery shopping tips.