Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Menu Plan. . .Do I Dare Say Monday?

Yah, yah. . .late again!

Monday-Chicken Tetrazzini ( I don't know if this is the actual link--my friend, Tara, made it as a OAMC meal, so I just tried to match it. Thanks again, Tara!), salad

Tuesday- Chicken Milani (crock pot recipe--thanks Mom!), garlic bread

Wednesday-left-overs!

Thursday(CP)-French dip (Recipe #1 or Recipe #2)

Friday(OAMC)- left-overs or grilled cheese

Saturday's Snack- Peanut Butter Cereal Bars

Sunday (BFS)-Pancakes (I LOVE this recipe. . .so easy and so good!) and bacon

So, for Saturday's Snack. . .my inspiration was. . .The "BABE" Bars. (I think they were refering to a version of a Babe Ruth-type bar). I was being nostalgic. . .brought me back to my college days, when my freshman roomie and I used to make them every now and then. And because with all the No Nut rules at school, I just wanted a peanut butter snack for at home!

Here is the recipe I have for it:

1 c. sugar
1 c. light corn syrup
1-1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
6 c. crispy rice or Special K cereal
1 c. butterscotch chips
1 c. chocolate chips

*Combine sugar and corn syrup in a 2 qt. microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 3-4 minutes at High until boiling. Stir in peanut butter until well-blended. Stir in cereal. Press into 9x13" buttered pan. Set aside. Microwave chips in 2 qt. bowl for 3-3 1/2 minutes at medium (20%) until they look soft and shiny. Stir until smooth. Spread over bars, cool, cut into squares.

*I did it all on the stove top (see link for directions)--I'm not a big microwave cooker. . . I was back in the day. . . but i am all grown up now. :(

Made them on Sunday. . .they are all gone now. :)
See more MPM at www.orgjunkie.com

No comments: