Monday, January 31, 2011

Menu Plan Monday


Happy eating this week. . .here is what we are doing:


Monday- Polynesian Ham, noodles, Melted Cheese Buns


Tuesday-Honey-Ginger Grilled Salmon (can substitute chicken), rice, salad

Wednesday-BBQ Chicken, buns

Thursday (CP)-Vegetable-Barley-Beef Soup

Friday-left-overs or pizza

Saturday's Snack-one-pan brownies (hopefully I'll post later)

Sunday (BFS)-pancakes, bacon



*Since my hubby is destroying my kitchen, I've been forced into "cleaning." Both the results of what he has destroyed (as I have a baby in the house!) and the junk in the cupboards that I no longer have! Which means. . .recipes. I discovered--again--that once upon a time, I had great hopes and dreams to be (or become) quite the homemaker! I have recipes galore, magazine clippings about hosting and table decorations, articles about how to pair wines with meals, crafts and decoration how-to's. . . and sadly, much of that went into the recycle. I guess when you are younger you just don't know how life is going to turn out--or how busy life becomes, especially with children and everything that goes along with raising them! Funny how I didn't have any articles on how to make a child clean their room every day or how to raise your child to become the next president. . .



Anyway, the positive outcome of my sad nostalgia, is that I found a few good recipes to hold onto and to try. One of them is this one. And it is super easy!

Honey-Ginger Grilled Chicken


1 t. ground ginger
1 t. garlic powder
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. orange juice
1/4 c. honey
1 scallion, chopped
1-1/2 lbs. salmon fillet

Directions:

1. In a large self-closing plastic bag, combine first 6 ingredients. Mix well. Place salmon in bag and seal tightly. Turn bag to distribute the marinade.




2. Refrigerate 15 minutes or up to 30 minutes. Turn bag occasionally.




3. Lightly grease grill rack. Preheat grill to medium heat. Remove salmon from marinade; reserve marinade. Grill 12-15 minutes per inch of thickness or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Brush with reserved marinade during cooking. Discard left-over marinade. Serves 4.




Notes: You can substitute salmon with 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Served great with steamed rice tossed with grilled vegetables.

My note: I kept the salmon in the marinade all day. We ate it with honey-garlic noodles and a salad. It was super easy and super good. Our kids even asked for more of the "chicken." And therefore, we definitely had "chicken" for supper. LOL!

No comments: