Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Menu Plan . . . Monday?

Late as always!



From last week. . .


Monday (CP)- Easy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, buns, corn on the cob

This recipe is super easy and super good. I used a maple syrup BBQ sauce this time, added a few onions and peppers, and voila--a great meal!


Tuesday-hamburgers


Wednesday-corn fritters, sausage, grilled veggies


Thursday-Hamburger Helper (sorry--I have three kids--two kids and one BIG kid-who love it, so we gotta have it every now and then!), beans (from the garden!)


Friday-out!


Saturday-hamburgers again! corn and french fries


Sunday (BFS)-Pancakes, eggs and ham





And this week. . .


Monday(CP)-Teriyaki chicken wings, mashed potatoes and corn

The wings were pretty amazing! I just wanted an easy to make, non-scouring-the pan-after-kind-of recipe, and found the perfect one! Just be careful not to "over-crock" them. . .otherwise the meat falls of the bone and defeats the purpose of eating wings.


Tuesday-Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake, Harvest Potatoes, veggies and dip

This recipe was a try on the whim as I has left-over ham from Sunday and wanted to make a chicken thing. I think the real cordon bleu deals are too much works, so I decided to check if this would be a good replacement. . .and it was. I changed the recipe slightly--I may have added a tablespoon or so of onions and I didn't do the whole croutons on top, but a breadcrumb and butter mixture (1 Cup of crumbs to 2 T butter) instead. Then sprinkled with a bit of Parmesan. We loved it. . . you might too.

I don't recommend having it along with the Harvest Potatoes--two "cheese casseroles" is a little heavy and overkill. For us it was more the convenience of it as I had an hour to make and prepare supper as I had company over before supper and just wanted something that would be ready. (Would have been a good CP night, but . . .then I would have had to have a clear menu plan. . .and with the late post, obviously I don't!)

Wednesday- left-overs or sub sandwiches


Thursday-Spaghetti, garlic toast, salad (from the garden!)


Friday-Pizza


Saturday-???


Sunday (BFS)-french toast casserole, breakfast sausage


Not a lot of excitement here. . just eating out lives away. . .



For more MPM, visit http://www.orgjunkie.com/!

No comments: