Thursday, August 26, 2010

Baby Bib &Tag Blanket, Part 2

Just wanted to show some follow-up work. . .

Above, on the right is a burp cloth and a tag blanket as described in above previous post.
On the left. . .I had a bit of fabric left over, but not enough to do anything with, so I used it as the tag blanket "background", and made it with no cute border and a bit smaller. It is just top stitched around the entire deal. It still matches, so I am happy.

And above, is the boring part of all this blanket making. . .the creation of the binding. Lots of ironing and folding and measuring (Using an old, rickety, stained mini-ironing board. . .it was great back in my college days, and small enough to easily store. Maybe next on my list of sewing projects should be an ironing board cover. . .)

No comments: