Monday, November 16, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Look! I even managed to sneak in a few blog entries in the last little bit! Yay for me!

Here is the week:

Monday-Taco Soup (from the LC cookbook), buns
Tuesday-Harvest Potatoes (also from LC cookbook), Slovakia, salad
Wednesday-Pizza Roll-Ups (OAMC)
Thursday (CP)-Slow Cooker Gingered Beef, rice
Friday-left-overs
Saturday's Snack-Caramel Popcorn
Sunday's Breakfast- Pancakes and sausages

Saturday's snack. . .Caramel Popcorn! My mom, and then my sisters and I, used to make this for my dad as a Christmas present. We'd make about 3 batches of it, but it in a HUGE bag, and voila! Merry Christmas! (He was kind enough to share. . .that was the only benefit, in my humble opinion, of a hockey game on at that time of the year!) But. . .my advice. . .take the suggestions and cut the butter in half!
November 20 Update:
Yep, I made it again this week--its a constant craving!!! About the cutting the butter in half idea. . .do it! It doesn't take quite as long cooking time--I did a 20 min, 20 min, and 15 minutes cooking time--but it seems a little bit healthier, and tastes just as great! The Carmel part is just a tad bit more "crystallized, but the stirring helps! I also used 6 quarts of popcorn the second time, just to justify making it again!
Above is the yummy-ness baking for a bit. . .and below is the mess I had to clean up following it all!
See more MPM at http://www.orgjunkie.com/!

No comments: