Sunday, July 8, 2012

felt flowers for her hair

It was my daughter's birthday a bit ago and she knows all about parties because of her older brother.
So whenever her birthday comes along, she had a long LIST of things to do!
But we keep it small--and crafty! Here is what we did:
felt flowers on headbands or barrettes.
My sister and I had made some cute rosettes out of felt to put on headbands or barrettes once, and I thought they were cute, so I kinda went off of that idea and made these layered felt flowers.
(supplies above)
First I found all the different colours of felt I had in the house.
Then I found some flower patterns on google. These ones were great! I also found more "daisy" type ones with pointed petals as well. I sided them differently and then started tracing and cutting!
 Then I chose a few to try--pink and grey for now. I layered them up. Now, you can just layer them and glue them--some of my daughter's friends did that. These flowers were bigger, so I put one tiny "x" stitch in the middle (see the yellow?) to gather them just a bit.
 Next went the rhinestone. . .
Oh the girls were in heaven with those things!!!
 And then finally the little circle patch to help glue it onto the headband.
I gave the girls a choice--so here is how it is if they wanted to use a barrette instead.

I wish I had taken pictures of the ones they had finished/made. Some of them were so cute! I had also cut out some tulle flowers and circles to add in and little leaves if they wanted to add those as well. They just stacked flowers and started gluing! (and then I used the glue gun to finish them all off!)
It was a cute and easy party idea!


1 comment:

deWoldeDaily said...

Very cute idea! I'm sure all the girls loved them!