Monday, March 22, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Well, after a break from this for a bit, I figured I better jump back into it. So here is the plan from last week and for this week. It's a good thing I didn't post last week because I'm not sure I stuck to any of the days' plans!

Last week:
Monday-Sausage, noodles and corn (Yep, freezer-ish and prepackaged meal--I came back from a weekend away, so it worked!)
Tuesday-Thai Chicken, rice, carrots with a Dijon-type glaze
Wednesday-harvest potatoes, BBQ meatballs, salad
Thursday (CP)-Chicken Curry, buns, salad
Friday-Corn Fritters with a garlic cilantro dipping sauce, meatballs again
Saturday-Crock pot and BBQ ribs, Lemon-dill (twice baked potatoes), salad
Sunday (Breakfast)-French Toast Casserole, maple breakfast sausages
Things I baked this week: Lemon Blueberry Loaf, Banana Bread, Cookies, Brownies

And then for this week:
Monday-Left-overs (Can you see my enthusiasm for cooking already this week???)
Tuesday-Pizza or Pizza buns/bagels
Wednesday-Spaghetti or Spaghetti Casserole, garlic bread, salad
Thursday (CP)-Chicken with Plum Chutney
Friday-Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa, cut-up veggies
Saturday's Snack- Apple Muffins
Sunday (Breakfast)-Pancakes and Bacon

Saturday's Snack recipe:
Apple Muffins
This recipe came from my MIL, but copied out by my hubby (you'll be able to tell by the short-hand type of recipe it is!)--she made them as my hubby was growing up. Super easy to whip up. They are not astounding per say, but they taste good, especially when they are fresh. Maybe we will have a relaxing Saturday a.m. and they will be perfect for that! (Is that wishful thinking???)

Muffins:
2 c. flour
3-1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. chopped apple
1 egg
1 c. milk
1/3 c. melted butter or shortening

Topping:
2 T. brown sugar
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg

1. Mix dry ingredients. Stir in chopped apple.
2. Combine egg, milk and melted butter. Add to dry ingredients. Do not over mix!
3. Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle with topping.
4. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes.

I have a few pictures to post and some recipes to comment on, but don't have the time right now. Next post perhaps. . .I'll try not to be so absent in the future!

Enjoy many more MPM at http://www.orgjunkie.com/

No comments: