Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Menu Plan Monday. . .er, Tuesday

Well, I didn't make it to post on Monday. I'm on Spring Break mode. . .and well, there is no excuse really. Just never got around to it. And the sad part is that I don't have much to post! We are going away so I don't even have that many meals to plan! Sorry this is so short and pathetic! Maybe I'll do better next week.

Monday- Salmon Strudels (for us), perogies and sausages for the kiddos, harvest potatoes and salad
Tuesday- Hamburgers
Wednesday- Chicken strips, corn salsa and salad

The good part, I guess, is that I made something yesterday and we thought it was good, so now I can recommend it. Now I say, we thought it was good, but you gotta like salmon to like it I guess. A while back (about a year ago), we went to visit my sister and she made these things called Salmon Strudels. I have to honestly say I was pretty nervous about it because it didn't sound that great. But they turned out pretty fancy looking and VERY good!!! So, I'm going to visit my sister again, and one AWESOME thing about visiting her, is she is a very good cook! So I was thinking about those Salmon Strudels again. . .and well, we had this recipe this weekend (using Steel head, instead) and had leftovers (our eyes are always bigger than our stomachs). But we don't like leftover salmon. I save it. . .but eventually throw it out cuz no one eats it! So, I decided to see if I could find a recipe that actually used left-overs and made it taste good. I came up with this recipe, modified it ever so slightly, and we ate it! It was good!

Here are the modifications: we used half the amount of salmon (steel head) which was left-overs, added rice to the recipe, didn't use phyllo, but used multi grain crescent rolls instead, and I made the butter sauce from my sister's recipe to go with it.

So here is my {great} little photo served with some potatoes. . .and yah. My hubby was actually impressed and said I could make it again!

For more MPM, head over with www.orgjunkie.com.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's Saturday and I'm enjoying some MPM blog visiting while watching "Barney Miller" on Hulu.com.
It's time to expand my recipe sources with some new ideas.

koralee said...

Susan...thank you for visiting me. I hope your Spring Break is going well. So happy to have one more week..it would be sad if we had to go back tomorrow. Your Salmon Strudels lookso amazing!! I would love them...so may treat my family.
I am going to add you to my blogroll so that I can find you easy...so you know I will be back. Just visited your post on the Olympics...LOVED IT! xox