Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas softies, take 2

I posted earlier about making these little felt ornaments.
 In the meantime, I tried to make a different shape. I just don't love it so much. I think I am a fan of  stars.
 Eventually I did get some white to make the candy cane stars. LOVE them!
 And after much contemplation-wanting to make snowflakes, and then ornaments, then this, then that-I went back to the original idea of stars for the tree skirt I was hoping to make by Christmas. I decided to make them white with maroon/magenta and light blue stitching. I hate matching colours. I took a snowman decoration from our house I liked and matched the colours to it.
 So here is my start. . .
 A finished blue. . .
 And a finished maroon/magenta . . .
I still need to stitch the outer edges of the tree skirt. . .
We will have to see if it gets done. It is an ice-skating kind of evening for me and my son tonight, so I don't think much will get done. At least it should be done for next Christmas!

No comments: