Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cake Mix Brownies

A bit back (as in Valentine's Day!) I needed a quick recipe, and I just wanted brownies. (I wanted to have something for our church's women's group as well as a treat for my hubby's work--without being too frilly for obvious reasons. Cupcakes were kinda out of the question! Brownies would definitely do.)



I had heard someone on TV talk about brownies using a cake mix, so I thought I would give it a try.

After a bit of searching fora recipe in which I had the ingredients on hand, here is what I came up with:



No Fail Easy Cake Mix Brownies

Don't let the title trick you. . .because mine didn't actually turn out "no fail" in my humble opinion. If you look below at the photo (if you can see) the middle kind of sunk down. I like consistently flat better. Did they suit the purpose? Yes. Easy? YES!



Take 1/2 c. butter, 1/3 (or 1/4) c. brown sugar, 1/4 c. water, 2 eggs, 1 t. vanilla, and 3/4 c. chocolate chips or chocolate pieces, and mix all of that with your cake mix. Dump it all in a greased 9x13. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, and there you go. Easy? Definitely!



And I shouldn't complain too much about the fact that it sunk a bit, because that was easy enough to cover with some chocolate caramel icing and a red-hot to make it valentine-ish-y, so. . .there you go. An easy snack that everyone enjoyed.


This post is linked to:

No comments: