Monday, February 23, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Yes, I have joined the thousands of other moms who post blogs with their menu plans! This is my trial run, so please show me a little grace! I'm working on creating links, so, no links this week. (BTW-for me it a report card writing week, so my meals are nothing to write home about!)

Monday-Dill-Crusted Sole Fillets, Alfredo Noodles, Carrots in ginger

Tuesday-Mini Cheddar Meat Loaves, Baked Potato, Beans (i can hear my kids getting excited about this veggie already! :~)

Wednesday-Chicken Fajitas (Celeste, we are trying your recipe!)

Thursday (Crock Pot Day)-Crock-Pot Chili with the fixings

Friday-Soup (either Potato Soup from Best of the Bridge or . . . )

Saturday--(Free Day! or leftovers)

Sunday--Breakfast for Supper--Dutch Boy Pancakes and Bacon

P.S. Tradition at our house says one crock pot day a week and Sundays are always Breakfast for Supper! Makes my hubby happy. And when the hubby is happy, the Honey-do list seems to get looked at more often. . . :)

So here is my one recipe for you: (i can't credit it because i have no idea where is came from! somewhere amidst my old recipe cards)

Sole Fillets
1/2 lb sole fillets (you can use other types of fish: cod, halibut)
1T. mayo
1/4 t.salt
1/4 t. group pepper
1 slice whole wheat bread-toasted
1 clove garlic
2 t. butter
2T chopped fresh
1 t. lemon zests-grated

Preheat oven to 450F. Spray an 8" baking dish. Pat fish dry. Spread mayo on the board side of each fillet & season with salt and pepper. Make crumbs out of toast. Add garlic, butter, dill, and lemon. Sprinkle crumb mixture on fillets, then fold the narrow end over to form a roll. Place in pan and bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. Serves 2-4.
Serve with rice, pan-fried veggies, and lemon wedges.

1 comment:

Jules said...

I love this idea Susan! I'm going to check out your menus, and steal some meals from them. I am horrible at menu planning. I hope you don't mind.
Julie

PS You're a very crafty woman!