Monday, June 1, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Monday again! Time flies! I feel like I am constantly catching up on everything right now! (Serves me right for starting too many new projects all at once. . .and getting ready for a school year to wind down!)

So. . .today I am giving you some recipe options. . .enjoy. I've never tried any of these links before, but had them tagged as ones that looked good to try. We will see if I can try some! And. . .my theme is veggies and BBQ, if you haven't picked that up by the end. It's just that kind of weather now! (And praying it will stay!!!)

Monday- Pizza (I bought one cuz today is busy for me, but here is a recipe I've wanted to try: Stuffed Pizza Buns)

Tuesday- Stir-fry and rice

Wednesday- Tuna buns or this Mock Chicken Salad in Pitas, cut veggies

Thursday (Crock-pot)- Fajitas (this link has a variety of kinds-including different kinds of meats to use

Friday- Skewers (take your pick from the link!!!), Grilled potatoes and veggies

Snack on Saturday- Bread Pot Fondue

Sunday- Skip the breakfast for supper, do more BBQ-ing. :)

Bread Pot Fondue
This recipe is from Ann (so it is good!) again, and we had it at our parents 35th Anniversary BBQ.

1 loaf shepherds bread
2c. shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. chopped green onion
1 can green chilies, drained
1 small container sour cream
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
2 T. oil
1 T melted butter

Slice top of bread and hollow out inside of loaf leaving a 1/2 inch shell. Cut the removed bread into cubes and reserve. For filling, combine cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, green onion, chilies and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon into hollowed loaf and wrap tightly with foil. Set on cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour at 350. Stir together bread cubes, oil and butter. Arrange on a separate cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until browned. Serve bread and raw veggies as dippers.
Enjoy! I'm also at www.orgjunkie.com!

No comments: