Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Menu Plan Monday. . .or Wednesday?

Okay, Helen, this one is for you! It's been a busy week! We are still eating! You might not have quite as many ideas of things to make, but we are still eating. . . JK! thanks for checking in on me!

Monday- Potato Soup, mesquite sausages (Thanks Oma!)
Tuesday- French Fries and Fish Sticks (homemade)
Wednesday-Grilled cheese and whatever else they have at the Fire Hall Open House (hot dogs, pizza, timbits, etc!)
Thursday- leftovers
Friday-BBq meatballs, rice or mashed potatoes and carrots
Saturday--Fudge Brownies
Sunday--bacon, crepes

Brownies
My hubby wanted fudge-kind-of-brownies. I pulled out this recipe after searching and searching. He said this was not what he was thinking of. I said I was right, and I would prove it to him. So I made them. He said I was right--they were exactly what he was thinking of. (And he wasn't just saying this to make me happy!) Oh the personal glory!

These are from the back of a Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate Box

Baker's One Bowl Brownies
Prep: 15 min.
Total 50 min.
4 squares Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup butter
2 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup toasted pecans (optional)

1. Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwaveable bowl on Medium 2 minutes or until melted.
3. Stir sugar and chocolate until well blended; mix in eggs and vanilla.
4. Stir in flour and nuts; spread in pan.
5. Bake in preheated 350F oven for 30-35 minutes or until done. Do not over bake. Cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen or 24 servings.

They are yum! Will post a picture soon!
p.s. Go visit www.orgjunkie.com for more MPMs!

No comments: